Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Connection between Religion and Addiction

Greetings to everybody,

It is with great excitement that I am writing this blog today.

In January I asked a very relevant question. What was the connection between religion and illegal drugs? My question was why, when I say drug addiction, addiction counselors, clergy and the greater population of society, call on God. It would have been more acceptable, I think, if they could also call on religion when I was talking about the other 230 different addictions, but they don't.

I have asked if someone could please offer me an educated answer in trying to understand this. Unfortunately to no avail.

Then, two days ago I stumbled across an educated answer which actually made total sense. I thought about this statement carefully, and then the answer I was looking for jumped out at me.

Blaming Satan for our bullshit means
that we do not have to take responsibility for our actions.

Therefor, we now can conveniently use God to fight Satan for us.

Now I understand why churches are so involved in fighting drugs and drug abuse. It creates more patrons and therefor also more money. It also now gives them the opportunity to rule through fear, judgment and blame.


I hope that you would read this with an open mind. It is not my aim to discredit any religion.
This blog is purely to help changing societies perception about addiction.

Thank you for reading and feel free to leave any comment.







                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment